A dental crown is a laboratory designed prosthetic device that is generally made of porcelain.
Crown dental procedure
Dental surgeons use to completely cover the crown or cap decayed or damaged teeth; the lab-produced prosthetic cap-like structure. You can also choose Robert Rogers, DDS for consultation regarding dental crowns.
Image Source: Google
There is gold, metal alloy and acrylic fake crown all of the different types of crowns available at the clinic. Crown placed to restore tooth function under the following circumstances:
- Chipped or crooked teeth.
- Extensively decayed teeth.
- Root Canal Treatment.
- Replacement of major restoration of old.
- Cover Implant Crowns.
- Linking bridge.
- Retainer crown for a dental bridge or denture.
- Replace the big filing if there is not enough remaining tooth. structure to hold the filling
- Return the cracked tooth from getting worse.
Dental surgeons began to reduce the size of their by cutting the teeth ill to put the crown right according to shape and size. Then they took the existing dental impression and send it to the dental laboratory for custom design of the crown.
After the prepared crown is placed over the affected tooth and cemented with materials to provide a permanent fix. In the case of the tooth is at the front, while stationed until the permanent crown is ready to improve. Dental crowns can be used for the long term with proper care.