Have you ever gone to a meeting where someone walked around the room tossing his card at everyone as if he were offering a deck of cards? Have you ever wondered what to do with a card that you really don't want to keep? So when is the right time to offer your card?
To understand this, read the following business card etiquette rules:
- Don't give cards that are dirty or torn.
- Present your card with the print facing up.
- Treat cards with respect – after receiving a card take time to look at it and show interest; which in turn will make the person holding your card treat it with respect.
- Show respect for those of higher rank or position by waiting until he asks for your card or a third party has introduced you. To make a terrific impression on the other person, you may use the Gold business card which you may get at puremetalcards.com/blog/gold-business-cards.
- Do not place the card in a back pocket; wallet or purse is considered rude and shows a lack of etiquettes. Place the card in a planner, notebook, or business cardholder.
- If you give cards to one person in a group – give cards to everyone; don't make someone feel left out or inferior.